ARCHIVE! LISTEN TO PAST NEW YORK KIDS SHOWS!!!
Just click on the ear next to the show or segment you want to hear (or the date) & BAM!! you'll be able to listen to past New York Kids shows right here through your computer!! You'll need the Real Player 7 to listen. If you don't have it, click here to find out how to get it for free. Remember to ask your parents for help.
June 25, 2000
CO-HOST CONTEST WINNERS: JENNIFER EVANS OF HOWARD BEACH, QUEENS AND JAKE GONZALEZ OF CHESTNUT RIDGE, NY!!
- WoooHooo! It's time for the SUMMER BIRTHDAY PARTY!
- Super summer math with TERRY THE TAXI DRIVER!!
- TALKTIME: Saying Goodbye to David...
- Kids give their recipes & party ideas to MIGHTY LIZ!
June 18, 2000
CO-HOST CONTEST WINNERS: MIRIAM PILICER OF BROOKLYN & GABE PANEK OF MANHATTAN!!
June 11, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 89, ELMHURST, QUEENS
- WOOHOO! Celebrate BACK TO BROOKLYN DAY with a Brooklyn quiz!
- Hear the music of the BROOKLYN YOUTH CHORUS!
- HA HA HA! It's a JOKE NIGHT with funnyman ALAN KATZ,
a comedy writer for the Rosie O'Donnell show!
- Kids try to stump the DIRTMEISTER with tough questions in...
June 4, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 217, ROOSEVELT ISLAND, NEW YORK
- Florence & David announce the next CO-HOST CONTEST!
- The KIDS AFRICAN DRUM ENSEMBLE perform live!!
- Kids play Memory Madness with THE GAME GUY!
- It's a summer reading book bonanza with MIGHTY LIZ!
May 28, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 9, PROSPECT HEIGHTS, BROOKLYN
- WOOHOO! It's time for the MAY BIRTHDAY PARTY!
- Kid performers from the NEW YORK YOUTH THEATER will perform live!
- Hear the winners of the IN THE SPOTLIGHT contest!!
- THE DIRTMEISTER does some cool beach science!!
May 21, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: THE JOHN A. REISENBACH
CHARTER SCHOOL, HARLEM, MANHATTAN
- Hear the winners of the OLD SONGS, NEW MUSIC contest!!
- TALKTIME: Kids talk about step-families.
- TERRY THE TAXI DRIVER turns his taxi into a moving museum!!
May 14, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 94, LITTLE NECK, QUEENS
- Kids call in with MOTHER'S DAY SHOUTOUTS!
- EVELYN GLENNIE, an amazing percussionist (who happens to be hearing impaired) performs live!
- Author CAROL WESTON talks about her new book
The Diary of Melanie Martin and her column in Girl's Life magazine!
- MIGHTY LIZ gets physical talking about sports!
May 7, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 119, CASTLE HILL, THE BRONX
- It's audition time for the next IN THE SPOTLIGHT!!
- Music critic GREGORY SANDOW presents the first winners
of our "Kid-2-Kid Music Critics" contest!
- Kids talk basketball with WNBA star SUE WICKS of the New York Liberty!
- Mystical, magical science with the DIRTMEISTER!!!
April 30, 2000
CO-HOST CONTEST WINNERS: BENJAMIN WALDMAN OF TEANECK, NJ & TAWANA SHAW OF BROOKLYN, NY!!
- Woo-hoo! It's time for the APRIL BIRTHDAY PARTY!!
- Singer/songwriter & JOHN MCCUTCHEON is live in the studio!!
- WACKY THE LOGIC CLOWN tries to pretend he's Regis Philbin!
- TERRY THE TAXI DRIVER tries to flex his flower power!
April 23, 2000
THE NEW YORK KIDS SPRING STORYTELLING SPECIAL!!
- Listen to master-storyteller BILL HARLEY talk about his last week of school in the 4th grade and other hilarious stories!
- And... Hear DAVID GONZALEZ tell the story of SOFRITO!
It's filled with great stories and really cool Afro-Cuban music!!
April 16, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 158, UPPER EAST SIDE, MANHATTAN
- KIDS COUNT!! Who's YOUR favorite team: the Yankees or the Mets??
- Kids talk to Cathryn Long, a BUG WRANGLER!! EEEWWWWW!
- "Take me out to the ballgame..." IT'S A BASEBALL QUIZ!
- It's a powerful poetry party with MIGHTY LIZ!!
April 9, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 153, MASPETH, QUEENS
- GRRRR!! Kids take a cool DINOSAUR QUIZ!!
- Music critic GREGORY SANDOW announces
a kid critics contest!!
- "Who holds the world record for underwater pogo-stick jumping?"
ASHRITA FURMAN, and he's live in the studio!
- Super soda science with THE DIRTMEISTER!!
April 2, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 188, BAYSIDE, QUEENS
- Florence & David announce the next CO-HOST CONTEST!
- Kids take a fun bird quiz with NYC Park Ranger DAVE TAFT!
- TALKTIME: Kids talk about tough everyday decisions.
- Some April Fools math madness with TERRY THE TAXI DRIVER!!
March 26, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 86, KINGSBRIDGE HEIGHTS, THE BRONX
- WOO-HOO! It's time for the MARCH BIRTHDAY PARTY!!
- Kids tell MIGHTY LIZ about their pets and win some cool animal books!
- Kids use their telephones like microphones on IN THE SPOTLIGHT!!
- Get ready for goofiness galore with THE GAME GUY!!
March 19, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 152, INWOOD, MANHATTAN
- Florence & David do some SPRING CLEANING in the prize vault!!
- Hear the sweet sounds of the HIGH BRIDGE VOICES!!
- Kids talk to civil rights activist RUBY BRIDGES!
- HOT science with THE DIRTMEISTER!!
March 12, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 109, FLATBUSH, BROOKLYN
- Kids talk to the creator of SWAP.COM!!
- Guitar wizard VERNON REID rocks the house!
- ERIN GO BRAGH!! It's a St. Patrick's Day quiz!!
- Mezmerizing magazine math with TERRY THE TAXI DRIVER!!
March 5, 2000
CO-HOST CONTEST WINNERS: TJ OLSEN & ARIEL GREENE
- Get ready to audition for the next IN THE SPOTLIGHT!!
- Cool special musical guests the MIGHTY STRING DEMONS!!
- Kids talk to MARIE SALERNO author of THE NEW YORK POP-UP BOOK!!
- MIGHTY LIZ talks to kids about great women they admire!!
February 27, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 92, CORONA, QUEENS
- Happy Birthday to...YOU!! It's the February Birthday Party!
- UH-OH! Watch out! It's WACKY THE LOGIC CLOWN!!
- "Standclearoftheclosingdoors!" It's a SUBWAY QUIZ!
- Super SPACE science with THE DIRTMEISTER!!
February 20, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 8, BROOKLYN HEIGHTS, BROOKLYN
- Get ready to audition for the next IN THE SPOTLIGHT!!
- Kids talk to MATT JONES, a civil rights activist & songwriter.
- Abraham Lincoln... Is that your final answer?? Kids take a fun PRESIDENT'S DAY QUIZ!
- Orbital math madness with TERRY THE TAXI DRIVER!!
February 13, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 144, FOREST HILLS, QUEENS
- Get ready to audition for the next CO-HOST CONTEST!!
- Kids will talk to special guest JIM PAPOULIS and
hear his very cool music project!
- Help us get rid of those winter blahs with a POOL PARTY!!
- It's a book bonanza with MIGHTY LIZ!!
February 6, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 32, FLUSHING, QUEENS
- HAPPY NEW YEAR!! (LUNAR New Year that is!)
- Get ready for the NEW YORK KIDS MUSIC CONTEST!
- CHRIS BYRNE THE "TOY GUY" will be in the house!
- Super Science with THE DIRTMEISTER!!
January 30, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: CS 6, WEST FARMS, THE BRONX
- You say it's your birthday... IT'S A JANUARY BIRTHDAY PARTY!
- Goofiness galore with the GAME GUY!!
- TALKTIME: Kids sound-off about the Atlanta Braves' John Rocker.
- Math Madness with TERRY THE TAXI DRIVER!!
January 23, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 1, CHINATOWN, MANHATTAN
- BLAST FROM THE PAST!! It's another look at the WNYC archives.
- SUPER-STORYTELLING with our own DAVID GONZALEZ!
- It's time for America's favorite game show...WHAT'S MY JOB?!
- MIGHTY LIZ wants to find out where kids would like to travel in time...
January 16, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: OUR LADY QUEEN OF PEACE, STATEN ISLAND
- Kids learn how to listen to the show LIVE on the Internet!
- Kids from the Special Music School of America perform live!
- What would YOU put into the New York Kids Time Capsule?
- Science Stump-O-Rama with the DIRTMEISTER!!
January 9, 2000
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 145, BLOOMINGDALE, MANHATTAN
- Hear the winning poems from POETRYPALOOZA 2!
- TALKTIME: Tests. YUCK!! Kids sound off.
- TERRY THE TAXI DRIVER tries to FREEZE his way into the NEXT millennium!!
January 2, 2000
CO-HOST CONTEST WINNERS: EVA WINEHOUSE & ALEX DALRYMPLE
- Kids call in to take a THREE KINGS DAY quiz!
- What a Wonderful World: Kids learn about LOUIS ARMSTRONG from special guest and tuba player DAVID OSTWALD!
- Kids tell us about their NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS!
- What's your hobby? MIGHTY LIZ wants to find out!
December 26, 1999
THE NEW YORK KIDS HOLIDAY SPECIAL!!
- A NEW "CLASSICAL KIDS" STORY--THE SONG OF THE UNICORN
- SHARI LEWIS & LAMBCHOP'S SPECIAL VERSION OF THE NUTCRACKER!
- FUN HOLIDAY MUSIC!
December 19, 1999
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 29, COLLEGE POINT, QUEENS
- It's time for the NOVEMBER/DECEMBER BIRTHDAY PARTY!!
- WACKY THE LOGIC CLOWN explains why it should be Y2Klown!!
- We preview Nickelodeon's "NICKELLENNIUM" documentary where
kids from all over the world describe their vision of the future.
- Mad science with THE DIRTMEISTER!!!
December 12, 1999
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 20, PORT RICHMOND, STATEN ISLAND
- Florence announces our next CO-HOST CONTEST!!
- Kids from the TADA THEATER COMPANY perform live in the studio!
- Kid reporters from CHILDREN'S EXPRESS news service talk about their story on Toy Guns.
- MIGHTY LIZ finds out what holiday traditions kids celebrate!!
December 5, 1999
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 83, MORRIS PARK, THE BRONX
- Happy Holidays it's a... HANUKKAH QUIZ!!
- Folks from CHILDREN'S SOFTWARE REVIEW tell us which CD-ROM's are DA BOMB!!
- TALKTIME: POKEMON-MANIA!! (Has it gone too far??)
- SOME MOZART MATH MADNESS WITH TERRY THE TAXI DRIVER!!
November 28, 1999
CLASS OF THE WEEK: IS 211, CANARSIE, BROOKLYN
- BRITNEY SPEARS IS ON THE SHOW! (well, a tape of Britney Spears acting on NEW YORK KIDS at age 10!)
- THE DIRTMEISTER shows that science isn't for Turkeys!!
- Kids use their "Telephones Like Microphones" on... IN THE SPOTLIGHT!!
- GOOFINESS GALORE WITH THE GAME GAME GUY!!
November 21, 1999
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 229, WOODSIDE, QUEENS
- UNCLE LOU plays some cool clips from the WNYC archives...
- THANKSGIVING from a Native American's view...
- HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY SPORTS ILLUSTRATED FOR KIDS!!
- MIGHTY LIZ wants to know kids' favorite book characters!!
November 14, 1999
CLASS OF THE WEEK: MS 51, PARK SLOPE, BROOKLYN
- Kids find out how to audition for IN THE SPOTLIGHT!!
- AUTHOR JOHANNA HURWITZ talks about her latest book THE JUST DESSERTS CLUB!
- TALKTIME: The Harry Potter Phenomenon
- TERRY THE TAXI DRIVER needs help with some Magnetic Math!!
November 7, 1999
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 171, EAST HARLEM, MANHATTAN
- DON'T FORGET!! A PoetryPalooza reminder...
- COMPOSER JOHN BERTLES talks about the New York Kids Music Special from Carnegie Hall!
- 13 year-old author SAM FREUND talks about his new book
Kids Eat Broadway!!
- THE DIRTMEISTER does some cool experiments with GUM!!
October 31, 1999
CO-HOST CONTEST WINNERS: ADAM HATCH & CHRISTINE GERBINO
- YAY! IT'S TIME FOR THE OCTOBER BIRTHDAY PARTY!!
- UH-OH!! WACKY THE LOGIC CLOWN ON HALLOWEEN!! That's really scary!
- David helps kid callers create a SCARY chain story!!
- MIGHTY LIZ gives away some SPOOKY books!!
October 24, 1999
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 175, REGO PARK, QUEENS
- Kids find out about the NEW YORK KIDS MUSIC SPECIAL!!
- Just when you thought it was safe to write poetry again it's...
POETRYPALOOZA 2 !!
- BATTER UP!! It's a World Series Quiz!!
- TERRY THE TAXI DRIVER turns his cab into a giant UNICEF piggy bank!!
October 17, 1999
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 1, TOTTENVILLE, STATEN ISLAND
- Kids send us e-mails which are read on the air!!
- Hmmm, was it Beethoven, Bach, or Brahms... Kids take a CLASSICAL MUSIC QUIZ!!!!
- AUTHOR GAIL CARSON LEVINE talks about her books Ella Enchanted & Dave at Night.
- THE DIRTMEISTER does some super science with straws!!
October 10, 1999
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 193, MIDWOOD, BROOKLYN
- Kids find out how they can become CO-HOSTS ON NEW YORK KIDS!!
- BLAST FROM THE PAST!! Hear clips of old kids radio shows from WNYC's archive!!!
- SCIENCE RULES!! BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY IS IN THE HOUSE!!
- MIGHTY LIZ talks about giving gifts to friends.
October 3, 1999
CLASS OF THE WEEK: PS 56, RICHMOND HILL, QUEENS
- So what's NEW with New York Kids this year??
- Kids play mesmerizing Memory Madness with THE GAME GUY!!
- TALKTIME: Kids talk about all kinds of EXCUSES!!
- A bad horoscope makes TERRY THE TAXI DRIVER really nervous!!
May 2, 1999
WNBA superstar Teresa "T-Spoon" Weatherspoon talks about playing for the New York Liberty and about her new book, Basketball for Girls.
April 25, 1999
Listen to the 12 winning poems from the New York Kids Poetrypalooza contest read by the poets!
April 11, 1999
13 year old U.S. Junior National Figure Skating Champion Sarah Hughes talks about competing at the 1999 World Championships where she finished 7th in the whole world!!
November 15, 1998
Jon Scieszka talks to kids about his cool books including Stinky Cheese Man and The Math Curse. The New York Kids Radio Players act out a scene from Summer Reading is Killing Me.